---Reptiles & Amphibians
Spring, Vicky. 100 Hikes in the Alps.
- 100 Hikes in the Alps: Switzerland, France, Germany, Italy, Austria, Germany, Liechtenstein
- Spring, Vicky & Harvey Edwards
- The Mountaineers, Seattle
- 1992 (original 1979)
- 0898863333 (Paperback)
- Kirkendall/Spring and Bob & Ira Spring (black & white photos), Karl Johansen & Helen Sherman (black & white maps)
- Table of Contents
- Alps, Switzerland, France, Italy, Austria, Germany, Liechtenstein, travel, hiking, guidebooks, recreation, Europe
- English (en)
- From the Book Cover
- Few places in the world can offer the outdoornot to mention the culturalexperiences of the European Alps, where it is possible to hike high in the mountains of France one day and wander through the Italian Dolomites the next.
Whether you're planning a trip to this extraordinary region or merely dreaming about it, this completely revised and updated edition of 100 Hikes in the Alps answers your questions about hiking in Switzerland, France, Italy, Austria, Germany, and Liechtenstein.
You'll discover where the best hikes are, how to get there, and what the trails are like.
Choose from short, easy day outings through mountainside villages, or longer, more challenging backpack trips into remote, rugged country.
Detailed hike descriptions include distances, hiking times, elevation gain, and highlights along the trail.
You'll also find helpful information on accessibility, equipment, and lodging.
With sketch maps and dozens of breathtaking photographs, 100 Hikes in the Alps, 2nd Edition is a valuable and practical tool for making possible the adventures and dreams of a lifetime.
- See and/or order this title at Amazon.com: