---Reptiles & Amphibians
Goodall, Jane. My Life with the Chimpanzees.
- My Life with the Chimpanzees: The Fascinating Story of One of the World's Most Celebrated Naturalists
- Goodall, Jane
- Minstrel Books
- 0671562711 (Paperback)
- (black & white photos)
- chimpanzees, Jane Goodall, Tanzania, juvenile literature, biography, behavior
- English (en)
- Reading Level
- Ages 9-12
- The celebrated naturalist recounts her childhood wish to work with animals and her excursions into the wilds of Africa, where she performed history-making studies on the leopards, lions, and, especially, chimpanzees there.
The well-known English zoologist describes her early interest in animals and how this led to her study of chimpanzees at the Gombe Stream Reserve in Tanzania.
- From the Book Cover
- From the time she was a girl, Jane Goodall dreamed of a life spent working with animals.
Finally she had her wish.
When she was twenty-six years old, she ventured into the forests of Africa to observe chimpanzees in the wild.
On her expeditions she braved the dangers of the jungle and survived encounters with leopards and lions in the African bush.
And she got to know an amazing group of wild chimpanzeesintelligent animals whose lives, in work and play and family relationships, bear a surprising resemblance to our own.
Jane Goodall's adventures with the chimps and the important discoveries she has made about them have gained her worldwide recognition.
Now she tells her exciting story in her own words.
- See and/or order this title at Amazon.com:
- No longer available (but if you send me an e-mail message, I'll try to find you a used copy):